This screen is only for self-registering providers. If you have been invited to the CAQH Provider Data Portal via a Participating Organization, please use the hyperlink provided in your registration email.
To self register, complete the form in it’s entirety and click the Continue button.
- SSN number must be 10 characters, no all same numbers (9999999999) or sequence numbers (123456789).
- DEA number must be 9 characters and first 2 are letters.
- UPIN 5 characters and 1 number and it must be 6 digit.
- NPI number must meet the requirement.
Requirements for NPI:
- The NPI will meet the specifications detailed in the Final Rule for the Standard Unique Health Identifier for Health Care Providers (69 FR 3434), which was published on January 23, 2004.
- The NPI will consist of 9 numeric digits followed by one numeric check digit.
- The NPI will not have embedded intelligence.
- The NPI format and check digit calculation will be compatible with the card issuer identifier on a standard health identification card. The card standard was developed by the National Committee for Information Technology Standards (NCITS), which is accredited by the American National Standards Institute. A discussion of the relation of the NPI to the card issuer identifier on an NCITS standard health identification card can be found in the preamble to the NPI Final Rule. Each card issuer identifier used on a standard health identification card must be unique. Therefore the NPI must be generated in a manner that will avoid collisions with other identifiers, such as the standard unique health plan identifier, that might be used as card issuer identifiers on standard health identification cards. In order to avoid such collisions, NPIs will initially be issued with the first digit = 1 or 2. These digits will not be used as the first digits for other card issuer identifiers. Use of other first digits for the NPI must be coordinated with the use of first digits by the standard health plan identifier, when it is adopted.
- Within the constraints of #4 above, the NPI generation will use a scattering algorithm that has the capability to use all possible numeric combinations beginning with 1 or 2.
- Each NPI generated will be unique, without requiring data base access for verification.
- License number must begin with 2 letter State code & max 50 characters long.