This screen is only for self registering providers. If you have been invited to the CAQH ProViewTM via a Participating Organization, please click the (hyperlink).
To self register, complete the form in it’s entirety and click the Continue button.
- SSN number must be 10 characters, no all same numbers (9999999999) or sequence numbers (123456789).
- DEA number must be 9 characters and first 2 are letters.
- UPIN 5 characters and 1 number and it must be 6 digit.
- NPI number must meet the requirement.
Requirements for NPI:
- The NPI will meet the specifications detailed in the Final Rule
for the Standard Unique Health Identifier for Health Care Providers
(69 FR 3434), which was published on January 23, 2004.
- The NPI will consist of 9 numeric digits followed by one numeric
- The NPI will not have embedded intelligence.
- The NPI format and check digit calculation will be compatible
with the card issuer identifier on a standard health identification
card. The card standard was developed by the National Committee for
Information Technology Standards (NCITS), which is accredited by the
American National Standards Institute. A discussion of the relation
of the NPI to the card issuer identifier on an NCITS standard health
identification card can be found in the preamble to the NPI Final
Rule. Each card issuer identifier used on a standard health
identification card must be unique. Therefore the NPI must be
generated in a manner that will avoid collisions with other
identifiers, such as the standard unique health plan identifier,
that might be used as card issuer identifiers on standard health
identification cards. In order to avoid such collisions, NPIs will
initially be issued with the first digit = 1 or 2. These digits will
not be used as the first digits for other card issuer identifiers.
Use of other first digits for the NPI must be coordinated with the
use of first digits by the standard health plan identifier, when it
- Within the constraints of #4 above, the NPI generation will use
a scattering algorithm that has the capability to use all possible
numeric combinations beginning with 1 or 2.
- Each NPI generated will be unique, without requiring data base
access for verification.
- License number must begin with 2 letter State code & max 50